Music you might have missed in March 2024

An iPhone on charge next to a pair of AirPods

So much music is released each month that it's impossible to keep track. Here are ten songs from March that I think you should get in your ears. 

Fletcher - Doing Better

Queer women are making the best music in the world right now and that might be a direct result of the chaos caused by Becky's So Hot. The song that Fletcher is touting as the follow-up to the viral messy anthem is the best off of her sophomore album In Search of the Antidote. It takes the spice of BSH and adds a dash of introspection, a heap of self-awareness and a boat load of pop goodness. 

Girl in Red ft. Sabrina Carpenter - You Need Me Now

There's a theme in my music taste because I have been obsessed with Sabrina Carpenter since the Driver's License drama. I've been a little late to the party with Girl In Red but the singles so far for her upcoming I'm Doing It Again Baby! album have had me hooked. You Need Me Now? is the pick of the bunch with an especially cracking chorus and lyrics cursing out exes will always get me in my bag. 

ZELA - Love Ya

If ZELA have no fans then I am deceased. Brat-pop is a way of life, Max Griff is a phenomenal drummer and Liv Griff has done been one of the best emerging lyricists in music for a hot minute - and that's just on her TikTok parodies. Love Ya is probably the song that most encapsulates ZELA and especially Liv's live performances. It's brash and arrogant but in the most charismatic way. Putting the toxic in intoxicating and I love every second of it. 

NE-O - Help

I've written a full article about Help and how it signifies an evolution for NE-O. A personal track in which the rapper opens up about his mental health, wanting to quit music and of course showing love to his mam. If you've heard the grime bangers and braggadocios rap anthems, then prepare for something very different from the North East One. 

RuMaz - Oh Aye (0.I)

Chapter two in the songbook of RuMaz is sounding very interesting. Where their debut album Songs In The Key Of Hype was very much what it says on the tin, we might be getting essentially the opposite on the follow-up. The best thing about Max Gavins and 90BRO is that they just love to rap. There isn't a more rapper's rapper in the world than 90, and his verse on Oh Aye is Max at his best. 

Chiedu Oraka ft. Manga Saint Hilare - Own Kind

A collaboration of two of the most underrated artists in the world? Yes please. I'm hoping that working with Manga is what opens up some long awaited doors down south for Hull's northern powerhouse. His unapologetically Yorkshireness is what makes Chiedu so good, but it's about time the London types woke up and gave him his flowers. This is just another in a long line of examples why. P.S Go listen to Manga's Everything Is Under Control album too. 

Amplify ft. P Money - Out & About

If I am one thing it is Out & About. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Any day ending in a Y. I love to be out. I love to be about. So a big thank you to Amplify and P Money because this adrenaline inducing banger is about to soundtrack my pre-pre-drinks for the foreseeable. If you're not playing this one at full volume then you're not doing it right. 

Jordy ft. Jme - Wonderkid

In my sabbatical from blogging or any kind of music work, I've failed to keep up with some artists breaking through and the one I am most sad about not discovering earlier is Jordy. Thankfully, when I see Jme, I hit play. The collaboration is from Jordy's SNM which from only the one-play I've managed so far is a really meticulous body of music and I can't wait to sink my teeth into it more. 

Cardi B - Enough (Miami)

I am ready for a new Cardi B album whenever that is coming. For my money Invasion of Privacy is one of the best hip-hop albums of the past however many years. You know what you're getting with Cardi, and if it's not broke, don't fix it. She's one of the best characters music has had in forever and the music slaps. Every. Single. Time.  

Michael Aldag - Pretty

I often struggle with content creator's music but Michael Aldag is one of few in the Tik-Pop space that is equally entertaining at social media as he is good at making class songs. I feel like every week I check New Music Friday he has a new release in there, and I'm never disappointed. Simple but relatable lyrically, fun and engaging sonically - Pretty is a bop. 

Comments