So High: Stresshead's shift in sound

Stresshead has released his new single So High via Bristolian label Duckland

Until pressing play on this song I was still mourning the loss of Fever Days. The way that band ended can be cited for at least part of the reason I have trust issues. With So High, the ghost of Fever Days have been well and truly exorcised. 

When Stresshead launched, I wasn't ready to shift my love for what were once indie-pop ear-worms to burgeoning bedroom electronica. I have a mass respect for electronic artists and producers, but rarely do I truly connect with it. The same can be said for a lot of indie-pop actually, but Fever Days were undeniable - and now via So High, Stresshead is undeniable too. 

Will be playing this on a constant loop and at the loudest volume possible. 

Comments